As a fashion conscious female who regularly uses hair salons, you might be forgiven for thinking that the inner workings of the establishment are of no concern to the client, yet you couldn’t be further from the truth. If we examine the typical hair salon, we soon realise that it stands apart from most retail outlets, as the client would expect to spend a couple of hours at the very least, and possibly most of the day there, and this means ambience plays a major part in the customer experience.
- The Staff – The human element cannot be overlooked, and ideally, the staff would be very friendly and outgoing, and with a general “can do” attitude, they would work well together as a team. There is such a hairdresser in North Perth, who happens to be the sister salon of the most popular of all, and with the same mission, vision and values, you can be sure of a lively, yet relaxing experience in the hands of real professionals.
- The Salon Design – The perfect salon is a combination of colour and practicality, and with the right pastel shades and comfortable seating, there should be a concept or theme, with many mirrors, of course, and a relaxation area that is screened off and has some organic refreshments on offer, along with some reading material.
- The Management – If a concept works, you stick with it, and the salon manager is the key person who holds the team together. This type of salon is not the place for the person who sticks to their job responsibility and it’s every man for themselves, and the manager would cultivate a service minded approach that focuses on client satisfaction, above all else. Online booking is an absolute must today, and their website would likely have many interesting articles on all aspects of hair care, and with a comprehensive list of services, you can get all the information you need from the website.
- The Products – Top salons only associate themselves with the best brands, so expect to see affiliations with people like L’OREAL, Wella, or Kerastase, who are the world leaders in top quality hair care products. They would also offer nourishing treatments, which help keep your hair in good shape, despite the use of heat and chemicals, and this treatment is recommended bi-monthly for healthy hair.
- Affordability – The best doesn’t always have to mean the most expensive, and something in the mid-range is acceptable, with perhaps some rewards for regular clients. Great service is expected, regardless of price, and of course, you should not be charged for the little things.
If you are new to the area and would like to forge an alliance with a top hair salon, an online search is the best place to start, and after you have narrowed it down to one or two, a visit will confirm your selection.